About Collaboration Management Suite (CMGS)
The challenge to easily maintain, manage and monitor devices, often distributed over a number of different buildings and locations is perfectly addressed by our XMS Cloud Management Platform. To access that XMS Cloud Management Platform, a gateway needs to be installed in the company’s IT networks. We provide two opions as gateway. The first is the XMS Virtual Edge, a free software download (OVA file) and the second is the XMS Edge, a hardware appliance as single gateway to the Cloud. Both offer the same functionality and robut level of security.
The Collaboration Management Suite (CMGS) was the predecessor of the XMS Virtual Edge. For more info on our newest offering, consult the XMS Cloud Management Platform.
Updating without interrupting
When scheduling software updates, the administrator can easily set the time for the update outside of business hours, avoiding meeting interruptions. With a single click, the latest firmware is available in the Collaboration Management Suite and ready to be installed on all units in the network. Configuring the units to the company's preferred settings is easier, by cloning a configuration and pushing this to all individual units. A real-time status overview of all ClickShare and wePresent Base units in the company network can be consulted. The CMGS makes it easy to integrate ClickShare and wePresent into the company network.
For ClickShare base units; Buttons will not interact with the Base Unit using its own Wi-Fi channel, but by using the company network, which is preferred by many IT departments, who want to keep strict ownership over all wireless communication in the company.
Push wallpaper to ClickShare and wePresent
Pushing wallpaper to all units in the company is possible. You can easily share motivational messages from the HR department e.g., increasing their impact. Other features include e-mail notifications (of new available firmware versions, or Base unit warnings), remote rebooting of units, and the ability to download log files. The Collaboration Management Suite is simple to install: you only need a (virtual) server, on which you install the software using the ISO image provided.
- Health and status monitoring (online, offline or disconnected from the network)
- Scheduling of software updates (from a central location to anywhere worldwide)
- User management (Assign usage rights in line with user responsibility, e.g. a facility manager can see all units in his facility, whereas his manager gets the full overview)
- Facilitating the integration of ClickShare CSE-200 and CSE-800 units into the company network
- Clone configuration: facilitate the configuration phase by pushing pre-selected settings to the Base units
- Notifications via e-mail: new firmware available / Base unit warnings & system alerts
- Wallpaper installation: pushing new wallpapers to any Base unit
- Downloading log files
- Remote rebooting of Base units